voda schreef op 31 mei 2017 16:44:
Job losses unacceptable - ILVA Unions
ANSA reported that trade unions on Tuesday said that 5-6,000 job losses at troubled steelmaker ILVA were unacceptable. The unions were speaking after a meeting on revamping the Taranto plant with Industry Minister Carlo Calenda and the plant's extraordinary commissioners. The redundancies have been presented by both consortiums bidding for ILVA.
The unions said they would meet Calenda again June 1 to express their official position.
Last week it was reported that the ArcelorMittal-Marcegaglia consortium has beaten competitors and is expected to land troubled Italian steel group ILVA. The ranking of the bids will be issued shortly, with ArcelorMittal-Marcegaglia at the top, sources said. Key elements in the successful bid are the price, which is reportedly just under two billion euros, the environmental impact of the takeover plan, and the business plan itself.
Source : ANSA